Debby Dearest

Just another UMW Blogs weblog

Proposal

February25

I have decided that my story will be an analysis of the my mother’s life before I was born. I will write in my blog weekly with updates. I will interview some of her old friends (Facebook makes this really easy), search for pictures from her childhood, and get a autobiographical sense of what her life was through her own eyes.

I have some various people (friends and family — fortunately my mother is 1 of 7 kids) from my mother’s past life lined up on Facebook that I plan on interviewing via skype or phone to get an inside scoop. I’m embarrassing, fun, and interesting stories.

posted under Uncategorized
3 Comments to

“Proposal”

1. Avatar February 27th, 2010 at 6:15 pm Chris Anna Says:

This will be very cool if you do it right. Keep your stories straight to the point and avoid rambling on, maybe add in a twist of humor here and there.

Chris Anna
    Computer Science UMW

2. Avatar March 4th, 2010 at 6:06 pm Kenneth Cunningham Says:

I really like this idea too. I’m sure there is a lot that you’ll be surprised to find out about your mother, good and bad. I agree with Chris just, try and stick to the point because 38 years is a lot to cover, there’s no need for excess fluff. Good luck!

3. Avatar March 9th, 2010 at 7:34 pm Jim Groom Says:

I too like the idea, no I want a bit of a project outline, how are you going to do this? Who are you going to interview? What are you looking to learn? Etc.